I’ve been away for the past month, and a lot has changed. I needed a little break while adjusting to new things. I now have a new job where I can sit most of the day and have a regular sleep schedule and I’ve been feeling so much better mentally and physically.
I’m going to be posting regularly again, and to start it off here’s what I ate today.
I wanted pad thai for dinner, but I wanted something quick and easy to make and kinda healthy so this is what I came up with.
You will need:
- noodles (rice noodles would probably be best, but we just used fettuccine noodles)
- we made about half of the box
- a block of extra firm tofu
- spices for the tofu:
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- for the sauce:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (we used low sodium soy sauce and added about 1 1/2 tbsp, but add more if you’d like it saltier)
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- a splash of lime juice
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- lots of veggies
- we combined an asian stir fry and sugar snap pea stir fry mix from Winco. We used half a bag of each for this meal. These included: broccoli, carrots, onions, celery, red peppers, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and sugar snap peas.
First, I cubed the block of tofu and coated it with the spices. I put it in the air fryer and cooked it for about 20 minutes at 400ºF.
While the tofu cooked I boiled the pasta and defrosted the veggies in a pan. Then, I mixed together the sauce.
I moved the veggies to a separate bowl to add the sauce to the empty pan. Let the sauce heat up for a minute, then mix everything together (the sauce, veggies, noodles, and tofu) and let it fry in the pan for a minute or two, stirring it occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Winco had some pumpkin spice cookie mix for pretty cheap, so we picked some up (even though it’s super hot out but it’s pretty much fall already, right? The Halloween Oreos are already out).
We used half of the cookie mix and mixed that with 1/2 of a flax egg, half of a stick of Earth Balance vegan butter, and 1/8 cup water (we just veganized the instructions on the back of the package). We also added dairy free dark chocolate chips and sprinkled the cookies with cinnamon, all spice, and brown sugar before we put them in the oven.
That’s what I ate today on this last day of a very lazy Labor Day weekend. We had a relaxing weekend filled with lots of yummy vegan food, video games, and movies. Hope everyone had a great weekend. ♡