Today was another low spoon day for me. I wanted something easy but hearty, so this is what I made for lunch. It turned out really delicious so I wanted to share!
This is what you’ll need:
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 1-2 cups frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- a few drops of low sodium soy sauce (this is all I had on hand, but liquid aminos would work too)
- black pepper
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder (I used garlic salt because that was all we had but I’d recommend garlic powder)
- cayenne pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
First, I cut the tofu into cubes and measured out 2 cups of frozen cauliflower. I coated the cauliflower and tofu in the spices (nutritional yeast, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper) and popped them in the air fryer for about 15 minutes at about 360ºF, mixed them around so they would cook evenly, then put them in for another 10 minutes.
I cooked the rice noodles when the tofu and cauliflower were almost done, then made the sauce.
For the sauce I mixed together 1 tbsp of peanut butter, a few drops of soy sauce, and enough water to thin it out. We also had some red pepper flakes from Papa John’s so I added in a bit of that too.
That was all it took to make this super savory, peanut-y noodle dish!