Halloween is almost here! I wanted to write a quick blog post on three games I’ve been playing this month to get in a spooky Halloween mood.
1. Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon // 3DS
I never played the original on the GameCube but I’ve always heard great things about Luigi’s Mansion. I picked up the second one on the 3DS fairly recently and I’ve been enjoying it a ton. The original also just came out on the 3DS and I plan on picking it up soon. You play as Luigi and explore a haunted mansion completing quests for Professor E. Gadd while sucking up ghosts using a special vacuum cleaner.
2. Animal Crossing // Pocket Camp (iOS) and New Leaf (3DS)
I mostly play Animal Crossing during the fall and winter months because there are so many fun things to do and collect during Halloween and especially Christmastime with the Snowman Bingo cards. I placed some tiles around my town and bought a ton of the pumpkin themed furniture items from T&T Emporium. There was a candy fish tournament in Pocket Camp that has been fun too, and fishing and giving the candy fish to Jack to get costumes has been an enjoyable time killer.
3. Bulb Boy // Nintendo Switch
I picked this one up on a whim for $1.52 on the Switch because I heard good things about it (it’s usually $8.99 and it’ll be on sale until November 8th). It only took about 3 hours for me to complete, but it was a fun and eerie 3 hours. It’s a point and click adventure game that is creepy and has a few jump scares but was perfect to play right before Halloween.
I also wanted to recommend some movies we watched this past month. I’m not good at writing movie reviews but I thought I’d throw this in here too:
- The X-Files “Familial” (Season 11 Episode 8) (2018)
- This is the only episode I’ve seen from the new X-Files series, and apparently it’s darker than the rest. It really creeped me out.
- The Brood (1979)
- A Cronenberg movie that’s relatively normal at the beginning but gets very Cronenberg-y at the end.
- Coraline (2009)
- I watched Coraline for the first time this year. I’m sure almost all of you have watched it already, but if not and you like similar movies (like Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride) I’d highly recommend it.
- Creep and Creep 2 (2014 and 2017)
- I was browsing Netflix one night when my boyfriend wasn’t home for a good movie to watch and came across Creep. It definitely isn’t scary, but is a good thriller and was perfect for watching by myself.
- I felt like I had to watch the second one right after I finished the first, especially since it has the same main actor and director. I didn’t like it as much as the first but it ties in with the first one very well. There’s a third movie coming out and I will definitely watch that too.
- Train to Busan (2016)
- I don’t like zombie movies that much. If I have the choice between a paranormal movie or a zombie one, I will 9/10 times choose the paranormal one. That being said, it is a zombie movie that I fell in love with and is probably my favorite one on this list.
What do you like to watch or play during fall? Let me know in the comments, and if you have watched or played anything that I’ve listed here let me know what your opinions are too!