I want to post about more than just what I eat and recipes, so I figured I’d start out with a simple post: Music I’ve been loving lately.
Music has always been such a huge part of my life. I’ve played the violin for 15 years and taught myself guitar and a bit of piano. I listened to a lot of music in high school and used to post playlists regularly on 8tracks. I still listen to a lot of music, but I’d like to share what I’ve been listening to.
These are 10 albums that I have been in love with recently, and when I wanted to make this post were the first to come to mind. I will definitely make more of these since after I wrote this there were so many more artists I wanted to share!
So here’s 10 artists/albums that I’ve been listening to a lot recently:
- Rex Orange County: Apricot Princess
- This is such a fun, feel good album to listen to. I listen to it a lot while I cook. One of the songs I linked in the playlist isn’t from this album, but it’s one of my favorite songs.
- Cloud Cult: Advice from the Happy Hippopotamus
- I bought this on a whim at a Half Price Books because I’ve listened to Aurora Borealis and Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes) a ton of times and really enjoyed them. We listen to this one a lot in the car.
- Local Natives: Gorilla Manor
- This is one I listened to a lot in high school, and I recently rediscovered my love for Local Natives. This brings back so many fond memories from that time.
- Gordi: Resevoir
- I LOVE her voice. Also check out this live version of Myriad: Live on KEXP
- Film School: Film School
- If I were to get serious making music, this is what it would sound like.
- The Cat’s Miaow: Songs for Girls to Sing
- One I like to listen to when I’m home along and sing along with.
- King Krule: 6 Feet Beneath the Moon
- I listened to him when he first started recording his music himself, and I am in love with his voice too.
- Mark Kozelek: Perils From the Sea
- This one is another one I like to listen to when I’m home alone. The whole album from start to finish is such an emotional experience.
- Noah and the Whale: First Days of Spring
- Another one from my high school days. To me, there is nothing better than listening to a Noah and the Whale album on a rainy day.
- Belle & Sebastian: If You’re Feeling Sinister
- This is one I like listening to while I’m in the shower and doing chores around the house. It’s another fun album to listen to.
Here’s a playlist of some of my favorite songs from the albums I mentioned: August Top 10.
What do you guys like listening to? Give me some recommendations in the comments! ♡